Imaging technologies play a pivotal role in the inpatient and outpatient procedures we perform —and no one knows this better than those who work in our imaging labs. They understand that even the smallest details can make a huge impact to our patients, so they give everything they have to deliver the highest level of care. This culture of passion and dedication pulses through Cedars-Sinai, and it’s one of the many reasons we’ve been named one of America’s Best Hospitals by U.S. News & World Report. Come discover for yourself what a career with us will mean to you. We have a robust Carpool / Vanpool program and encourage employees to participate
Summary of Essential Job Duties:
The PACS/Imaging Informatics Sys Administrator is responsible for supporting imaging informatics operations, workflow, and development. Imaging informatics engages all aspects of the digital imaging workflow including: image acquisition and processing, image distribution and storage, image visualization and interpretation, reporting, and communications. The Senior IIA must have a solid background in both imaging technology and information systems, since this position often bridges Imaging with other clinical areas and EIS. Provide support to PACS, RIS, Advanced Visualization (3D) processing, DICOM integration and validation, PACS quality control and assurance, reading room design and support, and digital imaging operations. All imaging modalities must be supported. Supported ancillary systems include film digitizers, CD/DVD import/export devices, DICOM routers, DICOM brokers, and reporting systems. The Senior IIA interacts with all sections of the Imaging Department, providing operational support and technical guidance to Imaging personnel to assure optimal digital imaging workflow. Must possess good interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate and interact with individuals of diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Imaging Technology, or equivalent preferred.
- Board certification in Imaging Informatics (CIIP/ABII) preferred; minimum 6 years of experience as an Imaging Informatics Administrator or similar level with demonstrated knowledge of PACS, RIS, imaging modalities, and associated workflow. Extensive experience in DICOM modality integration and validation, plus HL7, MQSA, HIPAA, ACR, and other medical imaging standards and legislation.
- Imaging Technologist certification or license, as applicable (ARRT, NMTCB, RDMS) with at least 5 years of experience as a technologist.
- Good understanding of post-processing techniques such as MIP/MPR, image fusion, volume rendering, and quantification.
- Demonstrated experience in PACS and RIS error reconciliation, including demonstrated understanding of anatomy and physiology visualized when performing error reconciliation.
- Good understanding of systems management, networking, storage architectures, and interface validation.
- Demonstrated ability to use Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint).
- Excellent oral, written, and presentation skills with ability to deal effectively with diverse skill sets and personalities, provide strong team leadership, and work effectively as a team player.
Physical Demands: (e.g., lifting, standing, walking)
- Frequent sitting and standing; occasional walking and bending; occasional lifting of materials up to 25 pounds.
- Responsiveness to auditory alarms and communication devices including: phones, beepers, and all alarms.
- Visual acuity acceptable for performing duties of this position.
- Computer work contributing to eye strain and back fatigue.
- Repetitive hand motions.
Work Environment (work environments, hazards and exposures the employee may encounter on the job):
- Daily functions may include incidental exposure to hazards associated with exposure to radiation and magnetic fields
- May be exposed to blood borne pathogens and hazardous materials
- Repetitive hand motion
- Computer work contributing to eye strain and back fatigue
- Off-hours and weekend on-call support for PACS or RIS, as scheduled.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY!!!
Note: New Hires must successfully pass a background check, a prohibited substance screening and a pre-employment physical.
EEO / AA / F / M / Veteran / Disabled