Compass Oncology, the largest multi-specialty medical oncology practice in the Pacific Northwest, is seeking a motivated Certified Medical Dosimetrist to join our team. The primary position would be based at our Rose Quarter office located in Portland, Oregon with occasional coverage at our Vancouver Cancer Center (about 15 miles away) located in Vancouver, WA, and the soon to be completed South Portland Cancer Center! If you are a dedicated, team-oriented, patient-centered individual looking for an opportunity where you are proud of what you do, work hard, have fun, want to learn and go home at the end of the day knowing you made a difference in the lives of our patients; Compass Oncology is the place for you!
In collaboration with the medical physicists and radiation oncologists, designs treatment plans by means of computer and/or manual computation to determine a treatment field technique that will deliver a prescribed radiation dose. Uses CT, MRI, PET, ultrasound, plane film, and fluoroscopy imaging to create and verify therapy portals. Performs patient specific quality assurance techniques under the direction of the physicist and medical director. Supports and adheres to the US Oncology Compliance Program, to include the Code of Ethics and Business Standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Independently creates radiation therapy treatment plans using computer software and various imaging modalities.
- Interprets and delineates anatomy and anatomical positioning on various imaging modalities.
- Performs or assists in the planning of the fabrication of compensation filters, custom shields, wedges, and other beam modifying devices.
- Performs or assists in the planning of the production of moulds, casts, and other immobilization devices.
- Supervises the therapist staff in the implementation of the treatment plan including: the correct use of immobilization devices, compensators, wedges, field arrangement, and other treatment variables.
- Accurately documents treatment planning and quality assurance tasks.
- Accurately codes for technical treatment planning and quality assurance tasks.
- Performs general computerized tasks, such as word processing, using spreadsheets, moving and altering files and directories, and performing data backup.
- May assist in intracavitary and interstitial brachytherapy procedures and in the subsequent manual and/or computer calculation of the dose distributions of these treatments.
- May perform quality assurance procedures on treatment planning system, linear accelerator, and brachytherapy device with minimal supervision.
- Provides physics and technical support to the medical physicist, in radiation protection, qualitative machine calibrations, and quality assurance of the radiation oncology equipment.
- Teaches applied aspects of medical dosimetry to students and residents, as assigned.