Los Angeles, CA. VA Greater Los Angeles Healthcare System is currently seeking a certified CLS, CLS(MB), MLS, or MT to join our Cytogenetics and Molecular laboratory team. The position will be primarily based at West Los Angeles Healthcare Center, a Department of Veterans Affairs hospital, located in Los Angeles, California. This is a unique opportunity to join a congenial pathology group, which promotes a balanced and healthy work / family life, and provides opportunity to build strong relationships with other physicians/staff within the health system we serve.
Under the direct technical supervision of the Molecular Genetics Technologist Supervisor and the administrative supervision of the Director of Cytogenetic and Molecular Pathology , the Molecular Technologist performs routine molecular laboratory procedures and techniques used for the preparation, processing, and analysis of nucleic acid samples as authorized by the Laboratory Directors (Director and Technical Supervisor). All tasks shall be performed in accordance with established departmental procedures and documentation protocols.
• Performs high-complexity tests as authorized by the technical supervisors.
• Prepares human and bacterial samples for analysis using genomic and plasmid nucleic acid preparation techniques.
• Restriction enzyme digestion techniques on nucleic acid samples.
• PCR (polymerase chain reaction) techniques on nucleic acid samples.
• Electrophoresis blotting and hybridization on nucleic acid samples.
• Photographic and auto radiographic techniques and other documentation or image analysis procedures.
• DNA sequencing, including NGS techniques and other related analysis procedures.
• Analysis of results and data produced from the nucleic acid procedures (as above).
• Performs testing of newly developed lab procedures and techniques, as directed and report on results.
• Maintains complete and accurate documentation and records.
• Performs case review prior to final report.
• Trains other staff as assigned.
• Perform other related duties as qualified, trained and assigned.
• This job has no supervisory responsibilities.