Swedish Medical Center is looking for a Research Coordinator II \(1\.0FTE/Day shift\) for Clinical Trials Research at Swedish First Hill in Seattle, WA\.
The Research Coordinator independently coordinates research and administrative tasks in support of one or more research studies, works with study investigators and supervisor to address study\-related issues\.
In this position you will:
- Help identify and recruit potential participants for research trials\.
- Educate patient about studies and help potential participants through the screening and consenting process
- Conduct subject study visits including: collection of vital signs, subject signs and symptoms, adverse events, current medications, medication changes and medical histories
- Prepare patients and assist with study related examinations and procedures
- Schedule imaging and lab testing for patients
- Perform other study procedures in accordance with the protocol after appropriate training and authorization by the Study Investigator
- Participate in training meetings, this may require some overnight travel
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor's degree or significant experience in research coordination
- Minimum 3 years' experience in a related area
- Washington State Medical Assistant\-Registered will be required with Swedish Medical Center facility application completed within 7 days of hire\. Must obtain active license within 60 days of hire
- Advanced knowledge of FDA research policies, other applicable federal regulations and/or GCP guidelines
- Expertise in standard office software packages \(Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc\.\)
- Familiar with and comfortable with research methodology and the "scientific method": for conducting research projects
\*MA\-R not required prior to hire\.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Certified Clinical Research Coordinator \(CCRC\) or similar professional research certification
About the First Hill Campus
The 697\-bed tertiary\-care center on the Swedish/First Hill campus is the flagship of the Swedish health\-care system\. Swedish/First Hill has one of the most active and advanced birthing programs in Washington State and houses a Level III neonatal intensive\-care unit\. More surgeries are performed each year at Swedish/First Hill than at any other facility in the region; volumes include more total joint replacements than any other medical center in the state\.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits — see our website for details
Our Non\-Profit Mission: Improve the health and well\-being of each person we serve\.
Since 1910, Swedish has been a hallmark of excellence\. Swedish has grown to become the largest non\-profit health provider in the Greater Seattle area with 11,000 employees, more than 2,800 physicians and 1,700 volunteers\. Swedish is committed to being the best place to receive care, and also the best place to work\. We reward our employees with generous compensation and benefits, individualized orientation, education and a supportive work environment\. Swedish is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer\. Swedish does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, protected veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law\.
Job Category: Research
Req ID: 147636