Provides professional care to all persons needing their services by producing high quality diagnostic radiographs under the direction of a Radiologist. Evaluates radiographs for technical quality and applies principals of radiation protection and safety. Provides services to patients of all ages at a high competency level.
Customer Focus -- Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
Communicates Effectively -- Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
Decision Quality -- Making good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
Collaborates -- Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
Nimble Learning -- Actively learning through experimentation when tackling new problems, using both successes and failures as learning fodder.
Demonstrates Self-Awareness -- Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
Goals -- Completes quarterly goals
Delivering the Mission -- Performs duties as defined in this job description and demonstrates mastery of role.
1. Demonstrates competence of DIGITAL X-RAY equipment.
2. Maintains a thorough working knowledge of the DIGITAL X-RAY system operation.
3. performs daily equipment start-up and performance checks.
4. Reports any variance from normal function to appropriate party.
5. Introduces self and calls patient by name and checks DOB making patient comfortable with surroundings.
6. Assess patient's emotional status including expressed fears/phobia.
7. Incorporates cultural and ethnic factors into assessment and care.
8. Review X-RAY orders to verify pertinent information for performing the procedure, including diagnosis that corresponds to symptoms and procedure ordered.
9. Reviews each patient's chart for any special notes or comments concerning the procedure ordered.
10. Assures correct patient information is entered into CSFCH HIS/RIS prior to exam
11. Operates DIGITAL X-RAY machine following established procedure and remains behind control panel during exposures.
12. Observes appropriate safety precautions (No Visitors, apron, shielding, and distance).
13. Performs DIGITAL X-RAY utilizing all available tools to achieve an examination with images of the highest quality possible.
14. Always maintains a professional manner when dealing with patients.
15. Positions patients optimally on exam table.
16. Assures patient's comfort during the X-RAY.
17. Performs routine imaging following established protocols.
18. Reviews all images of prescribed exam to ensure quality of images and completeness of exam as prescribed.
19. Understands and practices proper use of all DIGITAL X-RAY equipment; never operates equipment inconsistent with manufacturer's instructions.
20. performs duties with the utmost concern for the safety all patients, visitors and personnel.
21. Maintains communications with supervisor, radiologists, referring physicians, manager and administrative director to provide the highest quality of services.
22. Notifies the supervising radiologist of any procedures which would require immediate attention (STAT or VERBAL reports.)
23. Consults with the radiologist and notifies scheduling department regarding any change in scan orders.
24. Documents and reports any accident or unusual occurrence.
25. Notifies appropriate personnel regarding maintenance and scheduling of preventive maintenance
One year experience as staff Radiologic Technologist preferred
Registered by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists or registry eligible.
CHRISTUS HEALTH is an international Catholic, faith-based, not-for-profit health system comprised of almost more than 600 services and facilities, including more than 60 hospitals and long-term care facilities, 350 clinics and outpatient centers, and dozens of other health ministries and ventures. CHRISTUS operates in 6 U.S. states, Colombia, Chile and 6 states in Mexico. To support our health care ministry, CHRISTUS Health employs approximately 45,000 Associates and has more than 15,000 physicians on medical staffs who provide care and support for patients. CHRISTUS Health is listed among the top ten largest Catholic health systems in the United States.