Provides professional care to all persons needing their services by producing high quality diagnostic radiographs under the direction of a Radiologist. Evaluates radiographs for technical quality and applies principals of radiation protection and safety. Provides services to patients of all ages at a high competency level
Action Oriented -- Taking on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy and enthusiasm.
Customer Focus -- Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
Communicates Effectively -- Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the
unique needs of different audiences.
Decision Quality -- Making good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
Collaborates -- Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
Nimble Learning -- Actively learning through experimentation when tackling new problems, using both successes and failures as learning fodder.
Demonstrates Self-Awareness -- Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
Goals -- Completes quarterly goals
Delivering the Mission -- Performs duties as defined in this job description and demonstrates mastery of role
1. Responsible for radiographing patients with portable equipment in room, surgery, cysto, and any other place as needed.
2. Turns on equipment; all equipment is turned on at the beginning of each shift according to the requirements of each machine.
3. Prepares X-ray equipment. Sets MA. or MAS. KV and time of exposure for each exam according to requirements.
4. Locates portable equipment and transports to appropriate location.
5. Gathers patient history; asks patient specific questions required for the procedure to be performed.
6. Explains procedure to patient and answers questions in a courteous, friendly manner prior to exam.
7. Measures patient when it is required by Mon Auto Exposure equipment and portable exams.
8. Positions patient according to the requirements of each exam.
9. Operates X-ray machine following established procedure and remains behind control panel during exposures.
10. Operates portable X-ray machine. Transports machine to patient's room. Observes appropriate safety precautions (No Visitors, apron, or distance). Recharges battery when low; does only when necessary.
11. Transports patients back to proper location after images are taken.
12. Responsible for processing and distributing and tracking films.
13. Marks films with patient data as soon as films are shot.
14. Places cassette in reader immediately after bar-coding.
15. Checks images for positioning and clarity immediately after processing and retakes unacceptable images as necessary.
16. Send images to PACS & gives requisition to reading room secretary within 30 minutes of exam.
17. Check to see if there are any previous studies on PACS before turning in
18. Assumes responsibility for self-regarding knowledge of policies, manuals, and communications. Takes responsibility for self-growth and job improvements.
19. Demonstrates full support of the hospital's mission through conduct consistent with belief statements. Uses position and job responsibilities as unique means for integrating values into the organization's cultural climate.
20. Uses verbal and written communication skills to convey ideas in positive, value-sensitive, people-respecting ways.
21. Displays an understanding of and need for proper steward-ship of hospital resources by the way in which one's job responsibilities are implemented.
22. Maintains an awareness of one's impact on others in order to display a caring, sensitive approach to others as evidenced by listening, understanding and responding to the needs of patient's, colleagues and supervisors.
23. Shows respect for customer needs by developing and maintaining an active willingness to participate as a team member.
24. Implements job responsibilities in a manner that is sensitive to and supportive of the hospital's cultural diversity objectives.
Licensed by the State of Louisiana in Radiology.
The position is required to demonstrate proficiencies in the following age categories: Infants, Pediatrics, Adolescents, Adults, and Geriatrics.
CHRISTUS HEALTH is an international Catholic, faith-based, not-for-profit health system comprised of almost more than 600 services and facilities, including more than 60 hospitals and long-term care facilities, 350 clinics and outpatient centers, and dozens of other health ministries and ventures. CHRISTUS operates in 6 U.S. states, Colombia, Chile and 6 states in Mexico. To support our health care ministry, CHRISTUS Health employs approximately 45,000 Associates and has more than 15,000 physicians on medical staffs who provide care and support for patients. CHRISTUS Health is listed among the top ten largest Catholic health systems in the United States.